“Are smoothies healthy for me?” Is your Pinterest feed jam-packed with green smoothie recipes and how to add super foods to your smoothie? Has your Instagram been blowing up with pictures of fitness gurus starting each day with a raw energy shot or protein smoothie?
Humm… “To jump or not to jump … on the smoothie bandwagon?” That was the question readers asked Whole9 Canada, and here was there response.
Want to read for yourself? Be sure to check out these links:
- Whole30 Can I have… scroll down to smoothies
- Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption Is Associated With Weight Gain and Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes
- Short-term effects of the flavor of drinks on ingestive behaviors in man
- Effects of fruit and vegetable, consumed in solid vs beverage forms, on acute and chronic appetitive responses in lean and obese adults
- When Satiation Fails: Calorie Density, Oral Processing Time, and Rice Cakes vs. Prime Rib
Got more to say about smoothies? Leave a comment! Want to read more from the Whole9 Blog, just follow the link!